22 March 2011

Indigo dyeing

At work last week I mixed up an indigo vat for our certificate 3 students. The vat didn't have the right Ph level and was playing up. This week I got it working perfectly. Below are some of the photos of the vat and the dying in progress. It is synthetic indigo, I use my own recipe if anyone wants a copy.



This is my very messy looking indigo vat. Works brilliantly!


Below are some photos i took of my work unwrapping. I love the beautiful green colour you get when the fabric is oxidising. If only you could keep the colour mix.




The red tray in the photo works quite well, it was really just there to catch the drips.


This is a photo of one of my students work just hanging on the line.


Now that most of the students have had a chance to do some dyeing, I think I'm going to try and do some myself. I just need to find the time is the trouble. I've done it in past years but I would really like to do some more pieces. 




No comments: