14 July 2012

How I work through an idea- Part 6

After pages and pages of planning I eventually make the final piece. Please note as I said earlier, I only show a portion of the pages here as the others still contain ideas I wish to explore further. I have only shown approximately 1/3 of the pages I actually completed.

Below is the finished work. I'm rather fond of this piece, you will notice it is the header on my blog and it also features on items such as my business card.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the process I have documented in these past few posts.


2 comments:

blandina said...

Wow.
This piece is stunning, vibrant and full of colour.
How interesting to follow you through your creative process. I am a disorganised, insinctive kind of 'artist'. It works, but I am fascinated by the way you plan your pieces.

Sarah Bell Smith said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm not very good at the instinctive stuff- it just never ends up looking as good. I think my method of working is changing as I get older.