25 November 2012

Teacup and teapot collages

A few weeks ago my gorgeous Year 9 girls finished off their teacup/teapot collages. The year 9's were also working on the Alice in Wonderland idea of the mad hatters tea party.

The class started off by doing blind contour and continuous line drawings of teacups and teapots. We then moved on to learning about realistic drawing of teacups and teapots. Students then worked out a composition they liked and set about collaging on top of their drawing. Paints were then applied and black pen for final details. Some of the results are below. I will post detailed step by step photos of the process in a future post.





I love the one above for its creativity.



I know I shouldn't have favourites but the one above is absolutely divine.

2 comments:

Chris Linton said...

Your students are obviously inspired by your teaching, you're doing a great job there.

Sarah Bell Smith said...

thanks Chris, I must say I'm lucky to have such gorgeous students.