05 March 2013

Papermaking workshop photos

I just found some photos from a papermaking workshop I ran a few years ago. I had always planned to publish them on here but when my computer died a few years earlier I thought I had lost them. I just found a copy on an old portable hard drive. It reminds me of the importance of backing up your work. I will post a whole pile of the photos (yes I'm biased) but I think there are some really great ones.

I haven't taught papermaking since this last workshop as there is a huge amount of preparation needed. Maybe one day I'll teach another one.

The photos shown were a 4 day workshop that included a whole range of papermaking techniques.


Some of the equipment for the day


Some of the additional plant products I provided for adding to the paper pulp


The room setup with vats everywhere.


Tubs of cross shredded paper waiting to be processed.


White paper pulp with dye squirted on top- yet to be mixed



Some of the many sheets drying.

1 comment:

Kylie Willison said...

It was a great workshop!! I'm still using the paper I made.