07 November 2010

South Australian Quilt Show and Art and Craft Fair 2010

I had a great day on Friday at the South Australian Quilt Show and Art and Craft Fair. I spent the day viewing the entries with my colleagues Cathy Boniciolli and Suzanne Gumow.


I entered the wearable art section with my 'loved gloves' dress, the theme was recycled. It nearly killed me making the dress with all the gloves. I found that I couldn't sew them with the sewing machine as the gloves stretched with the needle and were pulled under the bobbin of the machine. Therefore I had to hand stitch on every single glove as well as hand sew the patchwork bodice piece. I would still like to like to make a bolero to go with it but I can't see that happening anytime soon.


I got a second prize for my dress.



This was Cathy's entry in the quilt section.



This was Suzanne's entry in the quilt section.

No comments: