26 October 2011

Trying to improve my blog

I put a post on another website asking people to tell me what they thought of my blog design, style of posts, etc.

The feedback said that the background to my blog was to bright and busy. I've since altered it and hopefully it looks better.

I was also told my overall header was too large and so I've since made it somewhat smaller.

Finally, I tried to clean up how many bits and pieces I had down the right hand side.

The last comment I received is listed below.  Let me know what you think, do I need to change my style to fit with the comments below?


There is a lot of "I" in your writing. Noone has any desire
to read your diary or journal and a reader is drawn to your blog by 
interest in its purported subject. You can capture that interest 
initially easily but keeping it is another matter. Within your chosen 
subject there has to be something of general and wide appeal that 
sustains the interest of the reader to make the posting read worthy. 
And what you write should be to a general audience under your subject 
not the very few who have world enough and time for your every cute
view.


I am honestly just thrilled that people were even willing to look at my work and be willing to try and give me some helpful advice. Thanks to those who gave me comments.

Now I just need to decide if I act on all of the comments. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog for the photos of your work because I like it so much, but also enjoy your comments. There are two more "I"'s for you .....

Sarah Bell Smith said...

Thank you so much for your great comment, 'I' really appreciate it. I hope to post some more photos this weekend.